After a long day at work — you come home and walk into a beautiful organized room instead of a cluttered mess. Glorious, we know. Sometimes it’s hard to get motivated to update your home, but these gorgeous pieces of inspiration will definitely make you want to hop in the car and drive to the hardware store right away. But hold your horses and read through. We have 14 clever mudrooms to get your design and organization noggin going.
1. A Place for Everyone: One of the most common and most useful changes you can make to your mudroom is to give each family member a separate section. This particular storage method is open for all to see, so it’ll force you to be a bit neater as well!
2. Paul Bangay’s Mudroom: If you live in a rainy area (Seattleites, we’re lookin’ at you!), you may want to incorporate a designated boot area into your shleving.
3. Mudroom Wash Station: We’re absolutely crazy about pups at Brit + Co., and we’re sure all of you dog owners out there feel the same way. They’re already part of your family, so why not give your dogs their very own shower? This wash station can even double as a place to rinse off muddy shoes, helping you keep the dirt contained.
4. Sliding Barn Door: Sliding barn doors are officially the new pocket door. They save space while staying oh-so-trendy.
5. All White Mudroom: White on the walls, on the ceiling, on the doors… it’s everywhere! If you’re all about clean, bright spaces, this mudroom was made for you.
6. Handy Dandy Bench: Since you put on and take off your shoes in the mudroom, it only makes sense to have a handy dandy bench to sit on. Bonus points if it sports drawers for additional storage.
7. Equipment Drop-Off Zone: Sporty types, pay close attention. No matter what your game is, this drop-off zone is the perfect inspiration for you to organize all that equipment. Even surfboards fit in there!
8. Cubbies Along the Stairs: Remember when you were in preschool and had your very own cubbie? Now you can have one (or a few!) in your own house, lining your staircase.
9. Rustic Mudroom: Curious about tailoring your mudroom to fit your home’s style? It’s not tough at all. Need proof? Just check out this rustic mudroom.
10. Chalkboard Painted Panels: Chalkboard paint is the answer to all of our prayers. It is the absolute best way to keep track of your grocery list or remind your family members about something right before they leave the house.
11. Minimalist Mudroom: Minimalist can get in on the mudroom craze as well. This may look like it lacks storage, but that’s just because those sleek walls are hiding a whole bunch of shelves and drawers.
12. Unique Ceiling: Don’t neglect your poor ol’ ceiling! It may not seem like a big design aspect, but if you switch things up with reclaimed wood or beadboard, your first steps in the door will be even more welcoming.
13. Multi-Purpose Room: Mudrooms can also be converted into a multi-purpose room. Washer and dryer? Absolutely. Ironing board? Why not. There’s even a spot for your television when you’re folding laundry.
14. Clever Clotheslines: If you want to add an eco-friendly and charming aspect to your mudroom, try hanging up a clothesline and using bins and containers that were previous stored away in the basement or garage.